Usually, Im not a big fan of salads cos I just think of them as really boring and bland. This is so delicious though, you even forget your being healthy!
Because there is Pumpkin, Avocado, Walnuts and grapes its actually quite filling too.
Note: Butternut Pumpkin is really big in Sydney, but if you can’t find any where you are Sweet Potatoe is a really good substitute.
I got this dressing recipe from a lovely cafe in the Aran Islands a couple of years ago and use it all the time its so easy and goes well on any kind of salad.
I made it with salmon here but it also makes a really nice lunch, just make sure you keep the dressing seperate or it will go soggy. It keeps really well & went down very well at our Bondi Beach BBQ (eaten with Kangaroo steak by the boys! :O )
Roast Pumpkin & Fetta Salad (GF) (V)
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 100g Pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 500g mixed Leaves
- 50g good quality feta cheese, cubed
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Spring Onions
- Large Handful of purple grapes
- Large Handful of Walnuts
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Add the oil to a baking tray and add the cubed pumpkin.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 mins until they go a little crispy.
- In the meantime, chop up your spring onions, avocado, feta, & tomatoes and add to a large bowl with the grapes and walnuts.
- Now move onto your dressing.
- In a small bowl or mug, add the honey, olive oil, wholegrain mustard & cider vinegar.
- Adjust this to your own taste and add Salt & Pepper.
- When your Pumpkin is ready add to the salad & dress well with the dressing.
FULL UP & EATING http://fullupeating.com/