This recipe os so creamy and delicious, serious comfort food. Best of all, its actually really healthy because there is absolutely no creamy sauce. A lot of people are put off of eating avocados as they are high in fat, but they actually have less fat than lean beef per ounce.
Another great thing is this literally takes 10 minutes to make and is extremely easy.
- Half a packet of Spaghetti (GF if preferred)
- 2 big soft avocados (they have to be fully ripe to get the creamy texture)
- good pinch of rock salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- handful of basil leaves chopped
- 4/5 cherry tomatoes chopped finely
- fresh grated parmesan
- half a ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Add your pasta to boiling salted water and leave to boil for about 10 minutes or until cooked as per packet instructions.
- Chop your garlic really finely and then use the back of your knife to crush it.
- Add this to the mixing bowl with the chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, chopped basil leaves and salt.
- Deseed the avocado and chop it up, add this to the bowl too.
- Mash it all together so you have a creamy mixture.
- When the pasta is ready, drain the water and add a good slug of olive oil to it and give it a stir. Then mix in your avocado mixture and serve with some shredded mozzarella and/or fresh grated parmesan.
- I think the fresh buffalo mozzarella makes this dish so if you only want to go for one- I'd pick that!