I absolutely love salt with sweet things and think theres nothing better for watching movies than hot buttered popcorn poured into a bowl with minstrels so it melts them a bit and you have the nicest combination of butter, salt and chocolate.
Imagine all of that but in the form of a cookie… so good!
For this one, i popped my own kernels and poured melted butter over to get a really nice buttery flavour, but you could just as easily use microwave popcorn.
This recipe is adapted from The Smitten Kitchen
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate of your choice
- Start by popping your popcorn. Heat the vegetable oil in a pot on a medium heat and once its hot add your kernels.
- Cover with a lid kept adjar and wait for the popcorn to pop.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars for about 3 minutes before adding egg and vanilla and mixing again. Add the flour, salt and baking soda and beat until combined fully.
- Now fold in the popcorn and chocolate chips and put into the oven for 10-13 minutes until just turning golden.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.. but wheres the fun in that!