This is a really easy but impressive starter to serve if your making dinner. It tastes delicious and there is hardly any work involved! The only thing that you need to make sure to do is get the pan really really hot and smoking before you add the scallops as they only need a minute or 2 to cook but you want to get that lovely golden crisp texture on the top and bottom. The cauliflower puree is really delicious and decadently creamy which complements them perfectly!
Seared Scallops & Cauliflower Puree
Pescatarean, Gluten Free, Sugar Free
- 18-22 scallops
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- sea salt & pepper
- Cut the tough stalks and leaves from the Cauliflower and discard.
- Roughly chop the rest and add to a saucepan.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Leave to simmer for about 10 inures until its very tender.
- Add the cauliflower to the blender with 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid and blend until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and butter, salt and pepper and blend until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Next, heat a large saucepan on a very high heat until it is smoking.
- Wrap the scallops in kitchen roll and pat dry until there is no liquid left.
- Reduce heat to medium and add a tbsp of butter.
- Add the scallops to the pan and time it for 1 minute.
- Turn the scallops over and cook for another minute.
- You do not want to overcook, but they should be nicely golden on the outside from the extremely hot pan.
- Spoon some cauliflower puree onto each plate and top with 4-5 scallops each.
- Lightly season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
FULL UP & EATING http://fullupeating.com/