When I was shooting Jessica Sepels recipes and food for her blog, she invited me to bring some healthy treats along to shoot and share the recipe on her blog!
I wanted to try do a healthy take on some coconut macaroons I made a few months ago at a Macaroon making course so I spent hours in the kitchen experimenting!
There were 2 successful end results, these and another Fudgy Almond biscuit, which I will post later this week.
These ones are the perfect afternoon snack or great if you are having people over for a cup of tea but are trying to be healthy! Enjoy!
Coconut & Orange Macaroons
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- juice of ½ orange
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 150 g fine dessicated coconut
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Beat egg whites and maple syrup with an electric mixer for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened and paled.
- Stir in the coconut, salt and vanilla.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and, on a lined baking tray, spoon the mixture into several disc shapes.
- Make sure you leave some space between each macaron.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until starting to go slightly golden. Decorate with more coconut and orange rind.
FULL UP & EATING http://fullupeating.com/