I had a dinner party a few weeks ago and I was making lots of decadent dishes like creamy garlic potatoes and cheesy cauliflower gratin. I wanted a nice light salad that would be go well with such heavy foods. This was perfect for that and is really fresh and tasty!
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 large handfuls rocket
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp extra version olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden.
- Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon, olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Add the apple, fennel, walnuts, rocket & blue cheese.