Hi guys! Welcome back to the blog, I have abandoned it the last few months I’m sorry! I had absolutely no time as I was working crazy hours and doing a lot of travelling but I’m back now and I have loads of new recipes and travel tips lined up for the next few weeks so I can’t wait to share them all.
I really missed coming up with new recipes and cooking at home, the last couple of months have been very quick, easy unexciting dinners and eating out a good bit so I’m glad to be back and have loads of ideas for new recipes to test.
This is without doubt the nicest new recipe I have tried in the last few weeks. I was given an amazing book for my birthday called Hemsley & Hemsley from my beautiful friend Sally and this recipe was inspired by a similar one that they have in their book.
Its so easy to make and is also really filling for a salad, having the sautéed potatoes added in.
Recipe is below – Hope you enjoy it, check back thursday for some more posts!
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 courgette, shredded
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 handfuls butter lettuce
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 small potatoes
- handful of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt & pepper
- mint to garnish
- Wash and tear the lettuce and leave to dry.
- Boil the peas according to the pack instructions.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes, until they are partially cooked.
- Slice the potatoes and sautee with some coconut oil.
- Arrange the salad on plates starting with the lettuce, followed by the peas, peaches & potatoes.
- Top this with the goats cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Garnish with some mint.