I came up with this recipe idea while doing my detox and looking for tasty nutritious dinner options. I adore Barramundi, but for anyone outside of Australia, a meaty white fish will be perfect – Halibut if you can get some would be ideal.
Also to make the zucchini spaghetti, I used a spiraliser, which is really handy for turning veggies into veggie spaghetti. I got mine here
The recipe is really quick and easy to make but tastes delicious.
Enjoy! Kady x
- 2 x fillets barramundi (or halibut)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- 2 x Zucchinis/ Courgettes
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1/3 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then coat boat fillets of fish with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season with sea salt and pepper and place on the baking tray
- Pop in the oven and roast for 15 minutes (Pierce fillet with a knife to ensure it is fully
- cooked – 15 minutes is perfect for a medium sized fillet of barramundi)
- Meanwhile, make your pesto by blending all of the ingredients
- Use a spiraliser to create spaghetti with your Zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti with the pesto
- Place on 2 plates and top with your roasted Barramundi