This was one of the first dishes we made at Paon cooking school in Ubud, Bali. It is so fresh and light and so easy to make. Perfect for a snack or with a salad and you can freeze any extra you make for future use. Enjoy x
Clear Mushroom & Vegetable Soup (Kuah Wong Sup Jamur)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups mushrooms of any kind
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 cup green beans, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 1 lime
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 spring onion
- 1 hot chili (or more to taste)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
For optional garnish
- 1 tablespoon deep fried shallots
- Slice mushrooms, garlic, spring onion and shallots. Cube the carrot into centimeter pieces. Slice the chili and remove its seeds.Cut the lime into slices.
- Sauté garlic, shallots and spring onion in coconut oil over a medium heat until light brown.
- Add mushrooms and chili and continue to sauté.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and squeeze the lime slices over the stock. Break the kaffir lime leaves and add to the stock.
- Bring to the boil then add carrot, green beans and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with deep fried shallots as a garnish.
FULL UP & EATING http://fullupeating.com/